Thursday, January 1, 2015

Oh Happy Day + Storage Idea

Hi Everyone,
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, and your New Year is looking 
bright & beautiful.
I have been thinking about this card idea for a while, but with Christmas cards to make it got put on the back burner. I adore the little rabbits in the Lawn Fawn Snow Day stamp set and always thought they should be playing in the grass, and this is what I came up with....
I used distress inks for the sky background, ( I will list products used at the end of the post ) I didn't have a hot air balloon stamp, but I had a die so cut it out of white cardstock and used a copic liner pen to define the sections and coloured with copic markers, I thought it looked a bit flat, so I used some colorless blender solution on a paper towel and just pushed it on the balloon part to give it some texture. The clouds are die cut then dry embossed. I used some hillside borders and grass dies from Lawn Fawn. The bunnies and tree are also coloured with copic's, and the little flowers are stamped with a tiny coloured rhinestone for the centre. The pumpkin pie chevron ribbon just to finish off this card is 5" x 7". 
I added this stamped sentiment to the inside, I thought it suited the card perfectly.


Products Used
Lawn Fawn Stamp & Die Sets, Hello Sunshine, Snow Day, Sweet Christmas & Hello Baby
Memory Box & Poppy Dies , Hot air balloon , clouds
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder , Swiss Dots
Distress Inks , Tumbled Glass , Broken China , Peacock Feathers
Copic Markers , Hot Air Balloon YR 18 , YR 16 , YR 14, YG 17  ,YG 25, Bunnies R00, R20, C00, C0, C2 , 0 colorless blender,Tree YG 25, YG 17, YG 09 and  Y18 for the rhinestone flower centres.

Well I hope you are still with me as I have a really quick storage idea for 6" x 6" paper pads. I don't 
know about you but I want to use every little bit of designer paper that I can, and I don't want to waste any, recently I bought the Lawn Fawn Snow Day paper pad for my Christmas cards, tags and goodie bags and I had a lot of little bits left over, they were too good to throw away and I wanted to 
keep them all together, the light bulb went off ( lol ). I got a zip lock sandwich bag and it fit perfectly.

The bag measures 18cm x 17cm , or 7 1/8" x 6 5/8" they zip lock you can write on them and they are cheap, so I thought I would share this idea in case anyone else has the same problem.
 Whew !!! that was a long post, thank you for visiting me, and I hope you all have a lovely day.

3 comments:

  1. An adorable card Cheryl, such a lovely scene - beautiful die-cuts and cute little rabbits!!

    Thank you so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet and pretty card, Cheryl! I love the bright and cheerful Colours and your fab grassy border. Hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. wicked fun!!! those bunnies are perfect on a summer day :) thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you think of my creations!