Friday, December 23, 2011

For Mum

Hi Everyone,
Well it's almost time for Santa to come! I hope you are all ready ? Today I would like to share with you a card that I have made for my Mum & Sister.
They have both supported me right from the very beginning when I first made a very simple little card, I started off in papercraft by scrapbooking and I soon found that I had heaps of smaller pieces of paper that I didn't know what to do with ....... So I made a little card , no image just sentiments and they both thought how great it was, I never even knew that there was a whole world out there of Blogging and images and all the wonderful people that will help you along the way. I am so lucky that I looked into this world and have made so many great friends.
I just wanted to let my family know how much it means to me to have there support along this journey, so I have made them this thank you card.
When I saw the Challenge at MDUC this time all of a sudden I knew what I wanted to do. The challenge is a colour combo of Red , Cream and Gold, I don't know about you but sometimes when I see the challenges I struggle to come up with ideas, but not this time.
A close up of the image , I have used copic markers and prisma pencils to colour.
Here I have used Fleur De Lis Square die and gold embossing powder , I think this turned out really well , it looks a bit like old iron work to me.
The gorgeous flowers and branch with the gold embossing.

I would like to enter the MDUC #127 - Colour Combo Red , Gold and Cream.

Card Ingredients 
Stamps - Magnolia Lady Tilda , Magnolia Romantic Window and Flourishes Tulips 
DP - from my stash , as is the lace
Dies - Magnolia Old Swedish Lace , Spellbinders Fleur De Lis Squares , Spellbinders Fancy Tags
Flowers - WOC and Kaisercraft
Copic's and Prisma Pencils
Dress - YR 24,23,21 and YR000 at the bottom
Hair - E44,42,50 and Dark Brown 
Roses - R0000, Rosy Beige and Tuscan Red
Leaves - G40, 82,85 and Olive Green 
Skin - E0000,000,00 and Henna
Window Shutters - E30,31,34 and Sienna Brown
Glass - BG000, B000
Bricks W3,1,00 
Mortar - E40,41 and a dark grey pencil ( not prisma )
Grass - G20,21 Olive Green and Dark Green
Tulips - Y19,Y21,YR 30

I hope my Mum and Sister like there card, sometimes it 's nice just to say thanks.
I also hope that you all didn't fall asleep in this very long post, sorry about that I just had so many things that I needed to say lol.
I hope you all have a really lovely Christmas!!!



9 comments:

  1. Hi Cheryl, I know your Mum and sister will absolutely adore this beautiful thankyou card, what a lovely thought.
    Have a really great Christmas and New Year.
    Cheers for now
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheryl, I would like to say thanks for all your support this last year! Your comments mean a lot. I am so glad that I found the Challenges and Blogging too!!! I have made so many wonderful friends and you are one of them!!
    Your card is gorgeous!! You've created such a wonderful scene and your colouring is awesome! I love the colours and design. The fleur de lis frame looks like a real gold antique and is stunning!!! Love the hinge details and roses - so, so pretty!! Your Mum and Sister are going to love it !!!
    Hope you and your loved ones have a Very Happy Christmas and New Year 2012!!!
    Love n Hugs!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Tilda coloring and creating Cheryl! I love scenes and this one is wonderful! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi sweetie this is just gorgeous, hugs pops x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I adore everything. Fab combo of stamps.

    Thanks so much for playing at MDUC.
    Hugs kylie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! This Tilda is so cute!


    Thanks for joining us at MDUC, Hugs Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh! AMAZING card Cheryl! I think this is one of my favourites that you have made.
    Hugs, Kelly xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you think of my creations!